Dear IRIS-7 Participants:
We have now contracted three well-established hotels for your choice:
(1) Haiyue International (海悦国际)：420 RMB/night, single or double occupancy，breakfast for two people included (no extra charge).
(The registration location will be the lobby of this hotel on April 10.)
(2) Hanting (汉庭快捷)：169 RMB/night, single or double occupancy, breakfast: 18 RMB/person (extra charge)
(3) Jinjiang Star (锦江之星): 169 RMB/night, single or double occupancy, breakfast: 18 RMB/person (extra charge)
What you need to do is to simply send email to email@example.com and let us know your choice by March 21 (NO NEED to book with the hotel directly or log onto the workshop website):
(1) Your hotel choice _________________;
(2) Check in date___________ & Check out date_________;
(3) Name(s) of Occupant(s) (both names in case of double occupancy): _____________,______________.
(1) These three hotels are all within walking distances from the final stop of the airport bus from the Weihai Airport.
(2) As you may know, if you book the hotel but later do not check in, the LOC will have to pay the hotel certain penalty. We sincerely hope you will be able to take the trip if you book the hotel. In case you have to cancel your reservation, please let us know as soon as you can, but no later than April 3, in order to minimize the penalty loss on LOC.
(3) As for registration fee, only on-site cash payment is acceptable.
Thank you very much for your understanding. I look forward to seeing you in April.
LOC of IRIS-7 Workshop
The Weihai Campus of Shandong University is located adjacent to the shore of the Yellow Sea in the northern district of a scenic coastal city Weihai.
Weihai is a charming and clean coastal city, located at the eastern tip of Shandong Peninsula, surrounded by sea on three sides. Weihai is famous for various bays and islands, clean and hygienic environment, as well as pleasant climate, e.g., the average high and low temperature are 16 ℃ and 9 ℃ in April. It was awarded “one of 100 paradigm cities in improving the human living environment” by the United Nations.
There are two airports near the conference venue, Weihai and Yantai. Both airports have regular direct flights from Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul, etc. Howerver, if possible, Weihai Airport is recommended since it is cheaper and more convenient to get to the university by public transport.
- Weihai Airport (WEH) is 53 km from the university (~ 60 minute drive, ~ 150 CNY for taxi, which is negotiable). You can take an airport shuttle bus to the “山大南门：main entrance to the Shandong University" drop-off station, which costs 20 CNY/person. Tickets can be purchased on the bus. After you get off the bus, you can find Haiyue Jianguo Hotel easily.
- Yantai Airport (YNT) is 110 km from the university (~ 90 minute drive, ~ 450 CNY for taxi, which is negotiable). You can take the airport shuttle bus to the “山大宿舍：ShanDa SuShe” drop-off station, which costs 80 CNY/person. Then please take a taxi to go directly to your hotel. The distance from ShanDa SuShe to Haiyue Jianguo Hotel is about 1.1 km.
- For the participatns who will fly to IRIS-7 workshop (Weihai or Yantai airport), you can download a mini-handbook which should be useful for your communications with the drivers (especially for those who don't speak Chinese): New Handbook_0316.pdf. If you have any question for the transport between the airport and the hotel, please contact us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two railway stations close to the conference venue:
- Weihai Railway Station (~18 km from the university): You can take the No. 12 bus from the station to Shandong university Weihai campus directly and then walk to your hotel and conference venue. It will cost about 40 CNY if selcet taxi from the railway station to the hotels listed above.
- Weihai North Railway Station (~5 km from the university): You can take the No. K2 bus from the north station to Shandong university Weihai campus, and then walk to your hotel and conference venue. It will cost about 13 CNY if selcet taxi from the north station to your hotel and conference venue.
The registration fee (only can be paid on-site) does not include insurance for the participants regarding accidents, sickness or loss of personal property. You are advised to make your own arrangements in respect of health and travel insurance before leaving your countries.