1. Guidelines for poster presentations
1) Poster dimensions:
- The maximum size of each poster is 1.2 meters high by 1.2 meters wide.
2) Poster Setup and Removal:
- Posters can be set up beginning at 3:00 pm, Sunday, April 10 on the ground floor of the conference venue (Wentian hall).
- Each poster board will be assigned a number corresponding to your poster number in the program, such as N01, ……
- Staff will be available to provide assistance in locating a poster and providing supplies such as push pins, tape, and scissors.
- Posters will remain up all week and should be removed after the final break, Friday, April 15.
3) Poster presentations:
- Presenters must be available for 1 h at least at their posters.
- It is highly recommended to leave a note on your poster board indicating when you will be at your presentation before your poster session starts. The note can be picked up at the Help Desk.
2. Guidelines for oral presentations
- To ensure a smoother transition between talks, speakers are kindly asked to transfer their presentations before the session starts to the laptop provided in the conference room. Please do not forget to transfer the associated video files.
- For speakers who really prefer to use their own laptops, several types of adapters, e.g., mini-Display Port-to-HDMI Adapter, will be provided. Please contact the technical assistants in the conference room before your session starts.
- As a general rule please kindly allow 5 minutes discussion time.
- Wifi access (free of charge) is available at the conference venue throughout the conference.
- Tip for internet access in China: As you may know, some google services (gmail is fine at the conference venue), facebook and twitter may not be accessible.
Some specifics on local restaurants
- You may need some information on how to find a restaurant, which can be downloaded here for your info: local_restaurants.pdf.
A Recommended Excursion in Weihai
An excursion recommended to the participatants from LOC is a tour to the Liugong Island. If you need information for more excursions in Weihai, please contact Ms. Yu (13706318763) or Ms. Yan (18811465250).
About Liugong Island
Liugong Island (simplified Chinese:刘公岛) is a small island located on the north-eastern edge of Shandong Peninsula, at the mouth of Weihai Bay. It is the country's first national sea forest park and a famous national 5A level scenic spots. There are two pandas on the island, sent by Sichuan Province. Liugong Island is the preferred scenic spots for tourists, not only for its beautiful environment, but also for its long history. It was the "birthplace of China's first modern navy" and the memorial place for Sino-Japanese War (1894-1895). Liugong Island is the witness and microcosm of China’s modern history.